On this week’s show, Karen Downing discusses all of the potential ways that the Ego part of us can try to influence our life. By learning to hear the words that the Ego uses, but yet not take them to heart, you can begin to gain better control over it.
We each have 3 to 5 past life patterns that influence our life now. Read on below for more about The Ruler past life pattern. Haven’t taken the Past Life Pattern Quiz yet? Click here to learn if The Ruler is one of the past life patterns influencing your life today.
Traits of the Ruler Past Life Pattern:
- Needs to feel in control of all aspects of their life
- Lived past lives as queens, king, emperors, empresses, heads of state, etc.
- Will weigh the priority of people (and the preferences of those people) versus process (achieving end goals)
- Feel confident in themselves when they oversee a project or manage a team
Want to Discover more about the past life patterns you hold? Click here
Positive Qualities of the Ruler Past Life Pattern:
- Are (or can be) great motivators, speakers, writers, and corporate executives
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong loyalty to their inner circle
- Can use their gifts motivate others to discover and live their own path of self-empowerment
Discover how you can boost your past life expertise, and apply these innate gifts in your life now. Click here to learn more.
Challenges Associated with the Ruler Past Life Pattern:
- Keeps their inner anxiety a secret behind a well put together exterior
- Can be stubborn when it comes to listening to other people’s points of view
- Worries about making the wrong decision
- Has potential to view people around them as resources, and may often forgot to show appreciation
Ready to transform the challenges of your pattern into points of focus for your Soul Mission? Click here to find out how.
Affirmation for the Past Life Pattern of the Ruler:
“I release all need to be in control. I accept that the world is an uncontrollable place, and I choose to practice learning to go with the flow of life.”
Dig deeper into your past life influences by taking the one-on-one course, Past Life Discovery.
One of the learning points that keeps coming up for me is being comfortable with the Unknown. This is not always the easiest situation to deal with, but I am finding that the more I am in the space of the unknown, the easier it is to handle.
You see, back before I began my spiritual work, I was a very logical minded person, focused on schedules and planning everything out for myself. This was all done in an attempt to control what was happening in my life. And, as I began to become more aware, I had to learn bit-by-bit to give up my need to be in control.
I have recently had some people l ask me: “How are you able to do this? How are you able to let go of the need to know how everything will happen?” Some days it is not easy, but truthfully most of the time being in a place of surrender is very peaceful.
I often explain it by thinking about my life like a room filled with filing cabinets, each one representing a different topic and area of life. For the longest time, I felt that I had to be in charge of every filing cabinet. I would never let another person, or even my guides, assist me in any way. However, as I became more and more aligned with my guides, I found it that it grew easier and easier to relinquish my need to guard and monitor all of the filing cabinets. Finally coming to a place where I can totally surrender that duty I placed on myself.
By doing so, I have become much more able to cope with change, the unknown, and all things that cannot be controlled or planned for. It is by surrendering my need to be in control, that I can see how much energy I wasted trying to figure everything out. Now I can find the peace of mind to sit back, and allow my intuition to direct me, instead of being in a state of stress.
And, so where many people will find chaos in the unknown, I find that it has now become quite peaceful. (At least most of the time)